Mad City Jim’s Vegan Chili
- 2 15 oz canned dark red kidney beans (include the liquid)
- 1 15 oz canned black beans (including liquid)
- 1 lbs diced cauliflower
- 12 ounces frozen sweet corn
- 16 ounces of salsa (replaces similar amounts of chopped tomatoes onions and peppers)
- 1 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 3.5 ounces canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 ounces fresh garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup ground ancho chilis
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano (loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 50g baking chocolate
This recipe is almost dump and go. It does make about 4 quarts so you need to get out your big crock pot. So grab a stock pot or crock pot and dump the beans, cauliflower, corn, and salsa into the pot and turn on to medium heat. Take the can of tomatoes, the chipotles and their sauce, the fresh garlic, ancho chilis, Mexican oregano and either puree it in a blender, food processor or process with an immersion blender. Dump into the pot along with the cumin and baking chocolate. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble and then turn down to low and simmer for a couple of hours. Season to taste with salt and ground chipotles to add heat it necessary.
Looks full bodied. Chocolate! Wow.